So you’ve created your username and password for your MovingCompanyReviews.com (MCR) listing – nice going! Now it’s time to rise above your competitors and get more consumer eyeballs to your listing…which leads to more MCR Referrals (i.e. FREE new business). Here are 5 tips to help you rank at the top of MCR search results in your service area (hint: we favor listings with robust profiles and lots of great reviews).
1. Show Them You’re Real with PHOTOS
Consumers love photos. Pictures of your trucks, your crew and your warehouse legitimize your business and reinforce the fact that you’re a real, credible company. If at all possible, avoid stock/generic photos and use ones that are specific to your business. Start with your logo, but increase your views even more by adding at least three other photos, like awards you’ve earned, owner photos, the inside of your trucks and your storage facility.
2. Bring your Listing to Life with a DESCRIPTION
Tell consumers more about you. Use keywords here to help your MCR listing rank when consumers search on the web. We suggest you mention the following:
- Where you’re located and what areas you service, e.g. “Shannon’s Movers, located in Chicago, IL, services downtown Chicago and the nearby Chicagoland suburbs”
- How long you’ve been in business
- What services you handle, e.g. local, long-distance, piano moves, safe moves, fine art & antiques moves
- Anything else that makes you unique, like your devotion to customer service or how you staff your crew, e.g. everyone’s a former college athlete!
3. Update your LICENSE AND REGISTRATION NUMBERS
We want to make it clear to consumers what licenses they should look for whether moving locally or across the country. Avoid making the consumer do more research by ensuring this data is accurate and up to date in your profile. Contact us at email@example.com to update any incorrect or missing data.
4. Add Credibility with REVIEWS
Consumers are 5 TIMES more likely to select a moving company with at least two or more reviews. How do you get more reviews? Enroll in our Review Advantage program to kick-start your MCR exposure. We’ll help you collect reviews by offering exclusive promotions for reviewers.
5. Engage with Searchers by RESPONDING TO and UPDATING the STATUS for your MCR REFERRALS
We want the best possible experience for our consumers, which means that we want their selected movers to follow up promptly. Soon, we’ll be rewarding the most responsive movers with better placements. So…the next time you receive an MCR Referral, make sure to update the status from your email notice or within your account. And if it’s a good lead, make sure to contact the consumer as soon as you can (same day if possible).