Monthly Archives: September 2014
Moving can be a tough process, no matter if you’re moving out for the first time or settling into your “forever” home. We’ve compiled our top insider tips and tricks to create a stress-free move experience. Read more below!
Chicago-based start-up shifts the moving industry through technology and transparency
Chicago, IL – September 23, 2014 – MovingCompanyReviews.com (MCR), a site that connects consumers with reliable moving companies, today announces its official launch from a beta period. Shannon Cullins, MCR vice president and general manager, co-founded the moving review site in 2012 with HomeFinder.com CEO, Doug Breaker. MCR was founded as a unit of HomeFinder.com to create happy move experiences for consumers.
MCR was born out of a belief that technology and transparency can improve the stressful experience of moving. MCR uses verified reviews to help consumers make informed decisions when choosing from more than 7,000 listed movers nationwide. MCR visitors are only contacted by the movers they want to hear from and will not receive phone calls or emails from unwelcome movers. Unlike other mover review sites, MCR verifies each review with a bill of lading (mover issued receipt) to ensure it was written by a real consumer, from a real move.
“Our goal is to instill confidence in both the consumer and the mover with the authenticity of a verified MCR review,” says Cullins.
To further confirm authenticity of a mover, MCR displays if a mover has the required state and federal licenses. Mover license rules vary by state, so if a mover lacks the required licenses and/or has demonstrated a history of poor service or dishonesty, MCR will display a caution badge on that mover’s profile.
“MCR works closely with the moving industry to address our challenges and to make it easier for consumers to distinguish the reputable movers from the bad ones,” says Andy Newitt of A-1 Moving & Storage and Chairman of the Florida Mover and Warehousemen’s Association. “On most moving sites, any company can post reviews. MCR researches and confirms that its reviews are written by real consumers. MCR makes it easier for people to find the movers who are most likely to perform a great, professional move.”
MCR also helps consumers streamline the process of getting a mover estimate, by using HomeFinder.com’s listing data to pre-populate home information (beds, baths, square footage, etc.), and suggests licensed movers in a consumer’s area. Consumers receive free pizza as a thank you on moving day when they use MCR’s easy and automated phone system to review their mover.
For more information on MCR, visit www.MovingCompanyReviews.com.
MovingCompanyReviews.com (MCR) connects consumers with reliable moving companies to create happy moves. Through verified reviews and vetted movers on an easy-to-use platform, MCR helps consumers make informed decisions when choosing a mover. Unlike most moving sites, MCR visitors are only contacted by the movers they want to hear from so they won’t be bombarded with phone calls and emails from unwelcome movers.
MCR offers moving companies exposure to ready-to-book consumers. In addition to giving movers the opportunity to respond to reviews, MCR is also the only site that sends free leads to movers when consumers request a quote from them.
MCR is helping to shift the moving industry with its focus on honesty, fairness and transparency. MovingCompanyReviews.com is located in Chicago, Illinois and is a unit of HomeFinder.com.
Hi Movers, we’re back at it, brainstorming and prototyping new mover offerings. Here’s the latest. Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Consumers pay $40 for a $200 cash rebate. You get a booked move.
Consumers love discounts and are willing to pay for them. Groupon, Restaurant.com, Rent.com and others have proven this in big ways. Why not offer similar discounts to consumers when they book moves with participating movers (you!) who are willing to contribute a small percentage of your booking revenue to the discount.
How it would work:
- MCR promotes a discount to consumers like this: Get a cash rebate on your move when you book and review your mover through MCR.
- The consumer:
- Purchases the discount on MCR for $40
- Finds a qualified mover on MCR (one that is participating in the program) – for this example, let’s call them Doug’s Moving
- Moves with Doug’s Moving and pays Doug’s Moving $800 for the services
- Reviews Doug’s Moving on MCR
- MCR sends the consumer a check for $200
- Doug’s Moving pays MCR $80 for the booked move (or some other small percentage of the booked move revenue)
Rather than pay for leads, you pay MCR for a % of the booked move cost. This way you’re only paying for jobs you’ve performed.
Like it? Have any suggestions? Want to be a beta tester? Let us know in the Comments section!
Whether you are moving across the country or just a few blocks away, moving can be a stressful process. We’ve compiled some of the best packing hacks and moving tips from seasoned pros that will save time, headaches, space and potential damage to your belongings. Read more below!
Convert more MCR Referrals to Booked Leads
You may have noticed a new callout in the MCR Referral notification emails you receive from us.
You can now email a consumer directly from your MCR Referral notification email to request more info or communicate next steps. Movers who respond within minutes to a quote request are significantly more likely to book a job than ones who take several hours to respond. With Email Reply, it’s easier to be the first to respond to consumers who’ve requested a quote from you.
How Email Reply Works
- When you receive an MCR Referral Notification Email, just reply to the email.
- Add whatever info you like to the content of the email. See the “Do’s and Don’ts” below for suggestions on what to include.
- Any consumer responses to your email will come directly to you.
- You’ll see these MCR Referrals under the Emailed tab in your dashboard.
- Coming Soon: Your email history and transcripts will be available in your dashboard so you can reference full conversations.
Email Reply Do’s and Don’ts
- Keep your replies short and sweet. Here’s what consumers want to know by email:
- Your hourly rate and suggested number of men based on the info they provided
- Any additional information you may need to finalize an estimate
- Availability – Are you available on the date they requested? If not, are there alternative date(s) you can offer?
- How should they contact you to book or get more info. Should they call you? Email you back?
- Here’s an example of a “Do” mover response:
- Ask the consumer to repeat all of the information they provided already to MCR. As a reminder, MCR provides you with the following for every MCR Referral:
- Consumer name*
- Desired move date*
- Moving from address*
- Moving to address*
- Property type
- # Beds, #Baths and Square Footage
- Additional notes
*Consumer is required to complete these fields when submitting a Request for Quote on MCR
- Here’s an example of a “Don’t” mover response:
Finally, you’ll notice a new message at the bottom of our Referral notifications. Why do we want you to reply or update the status? If we know you’re unable to accommodate a move, we’ll let the consumer know and suggest other movers. When consumers don’t hear back from movers, they get really frustrated! When you don’t reply or update your status, we think you’re not interested in receiving free MCR Referrals and may remove you from the program.
Still to Come
Some other features we have planned:
- Ability to save templates for your business so you don’t have to cut/paste or craft new responses every time you respond to a customer.
- Ability to save rate tables and other standard information.
- Ability to customize your template with your company’s logo and branding.
As always, we’d love your feedback. Let us know what you think in the comments section!